VEGANUARY: WEEK 2
If week one was a stroll through the park with a gentle old labrador... week 2 was trying to take a pair of hyperactive great danes out to a coffee shop. Picture it, it's ridiculous. I had no idea how I was going to manage it, but I did.
2 weeks in...
just let me sleep in a bed of chargrilled meats (I joke, that would not be enjoyable for any party involved)
In general, I was still feeling like my skin, digestion and health were improving. However, for about 3 days I craved meat for the first time in my life, and craved it hard. I craved it at every single meal.
I wanted a burger with a steak on the side, I wanted a schnitzel topped with chicken nuggets. I wanted lamb chops fried in duck fat. You get the picture. It was shit. No other way to describe it.
I don't mean to drool. I love you, really.
So how did I get over it? A few different ways...
1. I addressed my nutrition. I upped my protein and took a multivitamin.
2. I sourced some fantastic plant-based inspiration on social media. There are thousands, but two that I've become a little addicted to on Instagram are: @dereksarno and @mississippisvegan. Check them out if you love delicious food and wonderful food photography.
3. I distracted myself. Movies, emails, admin, exercise, pram walks, restoring old furniture and renovating...they keep me sorta busy.
4. I kept reminding myself that I love animals and can't imagine my life without them. So I should probably stop eating them.
5. I continued to spend time learning how to cook great plant-based meals. I googled, I chatted, I pinterest-ed. As a lover of cooking, this was the easy part.
So onwards and upwards from here. Week 3 is going to be a good one, I can feel it.
I'm lucky to live in what I believe to be the vegan capital of Australia, Adelaide (and I've lived in Bondi!). If you're a lover of good food and outdoor fitness, Christie's Beach is a fast growing hub of health and fitness.
For guidance with nutrition tracking, goal setting and recipes get in touch HERE!